I’m greenie right? So it gives me incredible pleasure to smother natural and organic products on my kids. Not only because I know it’s best for them, but because I know by using responsible products, I’m partnering with those caring for the environment, and taking our impact on Creation seriously. (We watched Before the Flood last night, and it.is.terrifying).
A while back I went to a talk on probiotic skincare. I felt like I was in a Higher Grade Science class – and with my post-baby brain, I reeeally had to concentrate carefully. And it made so much sense to me. Talking about our microbiome, and a healthy gut. Talking of pre and probiotics and their effect on our health. I’d heard these words thrown around before in my green-world, but had never taken it all that seriously. Let’s be honest, I was a new greenie and was just getting to grips on it all, and learning about what an Ecocert certification meant was new to me.
Fast forward to present time – and then this happened. And I stopped, and shared a moment of pure thrill and almost disbelief in the genius of it. Probiotic products for baby. Wrap these up and pop them under the Christmas Tree because THIS beats anything you can buy your newborn baby for Christmas (in my humble opinion).
Trail blazers, Pure Beginnings (who are now available at Dischem – yeeeaaahhhhh), has brought our 2 Probiotic Baby products – Probiotic Baby Sensitive Body Cream, and a Probiotic Baby Sensitive Cream Wash, both fragrance free. So no more do you need to rub a kombucha scoby onto your baby’s skin (not that any of us were doing that anyway). The formulations of these products combine the best in organic baby skin care with breakthrough innovations in probiotic technology. Done. I’m sold.
- Your skin microbiome is the complex ecosystem of microbes naturally living on the skin. Current evidence shows these microbes are essential for optimal functioning of healthy skin, and latest research shows a connection between skin microbial imbalances and several different skin conditions including eczema.
- The Probiotic Baby Sensitive Body Cream and Probiotic Baby Sensitive Cream Wash are formulated to boost the skin’s microbiome with the inclusion of prebiotic and probiotic ingredients. The formulation, ingredients, and product pH have all been considered to assist the skin’s microbiome to flourish.
Here are just a few of the ingredients they use and why they’re so different to anything else you are putting on your newborns skin…
- Baobab Fruit Extract – a natural prebiotic which is also packed with anti-oxidants,
- Inulin & Lactic Acid – prebiotics which deliver a food source to the good microbes, assisting them to colonise over the pathogenic ones,
- Lactobacillus Ferment – the probiotic additive in the product that will protect the skin from pathogenic microbes but also assisting in the production of good microbes.
Both of these beauties are essential oil and fragrance free (fragrances being a real skin irritant for sensitive skins). The pH is balanced at the same as skin to ensure the skin is not stripped of natural oils and the microbiome is not disrupted, and of course it is certified by Ecocert Greenlife.
I know you want them – so here’s where you can get them. The Probiotic Baby Sensitive Cream Wash (200ml) retails for R99.99 and the Probiotic Baby Sensitive Body Cream (250ml) for R109.99.