I can’t believe it has been a year since this… together with Pure Beginnings, we launched Debbie’s Pure Beginnings Pregnancy Journey.
And, as we’ve wrapped up this journey, I’ve become so nostalgic looking back over the past year. Pregnancy and parenting is such a mish-mash of excitement, stress, fear, trepidation, anticipation, joy, tears and leaking boobs.
Together with the incredible Team at Pure Beginnings, we created these videos, spoke at national Childbirth Educators Forums, and opened up many, many everyday pregnancy and birth related topics for discussion.
If you missed any posts – you can find them here:
- From having your questions answered around birth, and hiring a doula,
- To teaming up with Nutripaeds and discussing Weaning onto Solids (Part 1 and Part 2),
- What I use for teething, for washing my skin and putting under my armpits, and the alternatives I use on my kids when it comes to teeth brushing and bubble bathing.
- What did I pack in my hospital bag, you may ask?
- And the long awaited ANNOUNCEMENT on my daughters birth!
- Baby massage, baby wearing and the creamiest most delicious smelling bum cream you can find.
- A DIY on how to make your own breast pads and how I kept mozzies off my family this past summer.
- And then, there was the verbal processing, and the discussions about DIY dummy clips, Pure Beginnings new Probiotic Range and how I increased my breast milk supply. Just so much hearty, real, raw, to-the-ground info about pregnant-ing, birthing and parenting.
I love this world; this crazy, frantic, joyful, intense, scary, emotional ride. This busy, tear-filled, beautiful, messy role of Motherhood. And I’ve felt so privileged to walk this road with you all, and the Pure Beginnings Team. What an absolute privilege.
And finally, in wrapping up, I can’t help but give you some inside scoop on who exactly it is, behind the brand. They are a family. But really, they are a real family. A husband and wife team (and some awesome extras), convicted to start Pure Beginnings when their own kids were born. Even with them living in Durbs, I’ve met them on numerous occasions, and been hosted in their home and have been incredibly inspired by their hard working ethic, their gentle and beautiful natures, their humility, care for people and their product and determination to do and be better and provide better alternatives for US.
You want to support that family sending their kids to soccer and/or piano lessons? Those are the people behind Pure Beginnings.
Thank you Kate and Bruce (and Amanda) for allowing me to start this journey with Brea in the best way possible, with a Pure Beginning. xxx