Here are a few ideas for Christmas gifts and additions to your celebratory meals that you can get through the Meadowridge GFC for our November/December order! We all want to support small, local businesses at this time of the year.
So, here goes:
- MY FAVE: Give a beautiful glass jar of Trump and Timbal coffee – available in 350g or 800g. You can choose between their Uganda Budisu or their special Yuletide Blend which is limited to this Christmas season. This is the perfect gift for a brother, colleague or friend!
- Chocolate! The CocoaFair slabs, chocolate covered nuts and dried fruit make the perfect hostess gift or stocking filler.
- Display the most gorgeous and tastiest cheese plate this festive season with Klein River Cheese‘s incredible selection.
- I love to give the Pure Beginnings bubble bath as a pressie for kids or a stocking filler (the insect repellent spray is also a super summer win!). Why not order their new range of Body Lotions and Washes as gifts?
- Fill up those snack bowls with dried fruit and nuts – you are unlikely to find them at a better price somewhere else! Filling a jar with oven roasted pecans makes a lovely homemade gift!
- Stasher bags are all the hit for your eco-aware friends.
- Fudge would make such a fun table setting gift, because really, who doesn’t love fudge?!
- Fill a jar or festive bag with some delicious droewors or biltong from Ryan Boon. The venison biltong is a new favourite of mine!
- Christmas Meat – get the best tasting free range, grass-fed, hormone free meat for your Christmas dinner and lunch! Rack of lamb, leg of lamb, fillet or rib eye steaks, turkey, duck, gammon, pork belly or spare ribs. You can also get our delicious Farmer Angus steaks.
- Smoked salmon, cold meats, pates and hummus could all add to a decadent starter for one of your festive meals, along with some corn chips.
- Honey or Jam – tie a ribbon around a jar of raw honey or homemade jam for a gift that would please any foodie.
- Fill up your salt and pepper cellars with GMO free spices.
- It’s a good idea to keep a stash of frozen berries in the freezer so that you have them to hand to warm up and spoon over ice cream or use in other Christmas puddings and cakes.
- These Gingerbread Houses and Christmas ‘Decorate You Own Cookies’ are incredible! They are such a fun holiday activity for the whole family.
- Don’t forget the ultimate heart behind Christmas – giving. Why not give a R30 donation to Hands and Feet.
- Finally, how can you not LOVE the SOiL Aromatherapy Advent Calendar. Yes please. Add to cart. 😉
Have a blessed and restful Christmas season everyone!